Tuesday 17 March 2009

Passed

I passed my crit today, whew, can relax a little now.......

Still got a lot of work to do, lots more paperwork, lesson planning, wider issues, etc - but it does mean I know I'm doing ok and can relax with the pupils and enjoy teaching them a bit more now.

I also asked the pupils to 'crit' my lesson - we had a debrief session where they told me what they had enjoyed about the lesson and what they thought I could have done differently to make it easier for them to learn. I have to say, they are well practised at this! Their comments were pretty much spot on, helpful and useful - and it was really interesting to discover which parts of the lesson they had enjoyed the most (not always the bots I expected!).

Off for a walk on the beach now and a break from paperwork for the evening.

No comments: