Wednesday 6 June 2012

Changes

Normally when I return to Arran all is much the same as it always was, or with only the odd change. This time though there seemed to be a lot of dramatic changes - all in a small area, my old 'stamping ground'.

This is for my friend Ann who won't be able to see the changes in person as she now lives in Australia.

The old church in Lamlash is finally being restored. It's been talked about for as long as I can remember (i.e. since I was a small child, first holidaying in Lamlash when I was at primary school.)

I'm not sure who now owns it - for years and years there was talk of it being turned into a festival theatre.


Lots of changes at the Marine too...




It looks really weird to see it like that, minus the room we used to stay in! Although it does make it look more like old postcards I remember being shown as a child by the owners.

Time will tell whether the changes are all for the better.

No comments: