Tuesday 16 December 2008

Glasgow Airport

Going through security at Glasgow Airport has totally changed since the last time I went through. The new extension is now open (complete with Kalwall walls, you'll be glad I noticed that Clair) so now everyone goes through the same security whether their flight is domestic or international.

The security part is fine - what I don't like is that to get from security to the shops (WH Smith, Boots, etc. which used to be out in the concourse but are now through in the departure area) and to the departure gates you have to walk through the shop. I was accosted by no less than 3 members of staff on the way through, desperate to tell me about the offers available that day and persuade me to part with my cash - only none of the offers were available to me as I was heading for a domestic flight and the offers were only available for people flying outwith the EU. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to make everyone walk right through a shop full of advertised prices not available to a huge number of them, in order to to get from security to the departure lounge? I can just image trying to walk through there with children - with all the tins of chocolates, etc on display ... And the departure lounge - when I finally got to it - was freezing.

.

No comments: