Saturday 5 February 2011

Snowy Christmas

Yes, I know it was over a month ago - but here's some photos I took in Arran at Christmas.

Sunrise over Holy Isle

It was quite strange actually - when I arrived Holy Isle was all white, but due to the angle of the sun at this time of year, the snow on Holy Isle was nearly all gone within a day while the rest of the village was still white. It felt slightly surreal standing in a white winter wonderland looking out at sunshine and very little snow on Holy Isle.

 Looking towards Goatfell.

 The fisherman's walk - where the going was slightly easier than at this time last year, when we'd have been better wearing ice skates!

 Baby Christmas trees.

I did find it sad, though, that the Foresty Commission found it necessary to have signs prominently displayed about having CCTV in this spot!

I wonder how many places in Scotland have Christmas lights on palm trees?

No comments: