Friday 26 September 2008

1st week of 1st placement

Well it's been a busy week, and a strange one too in some ways. Monday was a holiday, then Wednesday was a strike so the schools were open and staff in, but no pupils. So I've only had 3 days with the children so far. I'm really enjoying the placement - and learning a lot too.

I've now read lots of books to individuals and small groups, the challenge of keeping the attention of the whole class comes next week. We've spent a lot of time outside running around (mostly pretending to be horses) and playing throwing and catching with balls and hoops. I've also done fingerpainting on 2 different days which has been great fun, if messy. I learned a lot the first day and the second day nobody (including me) got quite as messy as I had 'distraction strategies' in place!

Roll on next week, I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: