Saturday 20 September 2008

Resources

I'm finding that I'm thinking about teaching the whole time. I can see now why past students have said you forget family birthdays, etc - all you think about is the course. We've been advised to collect information on so many topics - education (obviously), children's health, religion - festivals, celebrations ... food pictures .... citizenship .... science ... basically anything which could be a resource. I'm not starting to look at everything as a potential resource, so I never read the news on the internet without thinking which stories I should print for future reference.

I was walking home along the river the other day when I saw a gull pecking at a polystyrene food container which was floating down the river. First thought - grab the camera, great resource for children to look at the photo and discuss their views on litter (good citizenship topic there, also wildlife).


No comments: