Thursday 30 October 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Things have - hopefully!! - reached the peak of workload - and stress levels...... got 2 assessed individual tasks for next week for the primary curriculum part of the course, plus a group task, and as assessed group task which is worth 1/3 of our mark for the school & professional studies part of the course. It's busy, busy, busy......

Our group has a crisis of confidence in our idea for the main assessment yesterday and completely changed our plan - which has added a lot of stress and a lot of work but I think we're all feeling much more confident now. We're all now busy rushing about trying to assemble pirate costumes and other resources (we have a ship's wheel!!) as well as do all the paperwork side of the task - and of course the presentation side too. I've got the 'pirate captain' song playing just now and am trying to learn the words :-)

Had a visit to my next placement school on Tuesday. It's great, a lovely wee school with friendly staff. The kids seem really nice too. I'm really looking forward to it.

Weather's turned very cold, but nice.

Car is now back - a mere £330 for the repair (the water pump had 'exploded' into little pieces and leaked all over the timing belt.....) but now the rev counter isn't working so it's going back in next week. Sigh.

I'll try to get some new photos uploaded over the next few days.

Kye left on Wednesday - so it's back to having to make my own tea now :-(

That's all I can think of just now - back to the pirate song (complete with actions) now. So yo ho, me hearties, it's a pirate's life for me ....

No comments: