Tuesday 7 October 2008

It's raining, it's pouring ...

Well today it rained, and it rained, and it rained ... until the playground was so flooded that the parents couldn't get to the nursery door!

It's been a very busy day - I've worked with almost 40 children (in ones and twos) on handprint leaves, and we also talked about autumn trees, conkers, etc - and opened a huge bag full of conkers which Clair & I collected at the weekend. Great fun was had by all - and the wonder displayed by some of the children who hadn't ever opened conkers before was just great to see.

I was also using the hidden pictures in the sand today - I was initially a bit disappointed because nobody seemed to find them - or if they did, they just ignored them as too boring to be worthy of mention. Then suddenly someone shouted out that they had found a picture - and immediately another 2 children were searching in the sand to see what they could find. They started showing me pictures, telling me what weather they were showing, and counting them - perfect :-)

I did together time at the end of each session too (no wonder I'm tired now!) and it went well too - and we sang a very appropriate song: It's raining, it's pouring ...


Now off to read Monkey Puzzle as I'm doing story time tomorrow as well as introducing the autumn display table, autumn box and sensory bag - oh, and continuing work on my autumn wall display of course! I think it'll be another busy day ...


No comments: